There was a general acceptance of:
–Head-in parking between Michigan and Olympic Drive/ I-10
–Posted speed limit
–Digital speed monitors
There was varied acceptance of other features:
• The most popular features were:
–Repair and maintenance of existing features
–Mini-parks with shrubs and flower boxes
• Medium ranked features were:
–Replacing trees and adding more trees
–Sharrows and signs
• The least popular features were:
–Bike detection at signals
• Our recommendation is to incorporate the most popular features into the MANGo
* The Survey found an overwhelming rejection of the plan to install traffic diverters at 11th
and Michigan, and at Lincoln Ct. and Michigan.
• Our Recommendation: Take all traffic diverters and barricades off the table.
Consider the use of signage at 11th and Michigan restricting westbound traffic on
Michigan during peak hours only. Do not consider restrictive signage at Lincoln
Blvd. or Lincoln Ct. and Michigan.
There was also considerable negative response to any loss of parking.
• Our Recommendation: Take any loss of parking off the table.